If you are anything like me, sleep may be one of your favourite activities of the day! Now imagine being able to combine sleeping and taking care of yourself at the same time, wouldn’t that be great? Well to all Auroras out there I have some good news – we can totally do it and here are some overnight tricks that will help you turn your sleep into a true beauty session!
1. Soft Feet – especially during the winter our skin tends to dry a bit and our feet are no exception. Something you can do to help you have nice and soft feet is to apply Vaseline to the soles of your feet and put on cotton socks before you sleep. The cotton socks will help to bind the Vaseline to your skin and it will make you wake up with smooth and soft soles.
2. Whiter Teeth – after brushing your teeth dip your toothbrush in baking soda and brush your teeth again. According to the dentist Jonathan Levine “it polishes the surface of the teeth and when mixed with water, baking soda helps remove stains”. Keep in mind not to overdo it tough. Once a week is enough to leave you with a beautiful smile, more than that may damage your teeth.
3. Pretty Eyes – waking up with swollen eyes? Then this one is for you. Try to add an extra pillow and sleep on your back. This way the fluids around your eyes will drain easier which will minimize the puffiness around your eyes.
4. Star Eyelashes – are dreaming of having long beautiful eyelashes? Then here is a simple tip for you. Try to apply castor oil during the night to your eyelashes. This will help them grow longer and thicker. 8 to 12 weeks is approximately the time it takes to see some results.
5. Hair Care – before you sleep apply coconut oil to your hair. During your sleep, the oil penetrates into your hair cuticles giving you soft shiny hair in the morning.
What are your beauty sleep tricks? Share them with me below! 🙂
Featured image from RelaxingMusic