This seasons beauty is all about confidence and effortless femininity. In makeup, its all about enhancing natural beauty mixed with pops of colour. Flawless healthy skin is key paired with defined eyes and a perfect lip.
The vibe for skin is a healthy glow. To achieve the perfect base with a dewy finish I recommend using MAC Cosmetics Fix + spray before applying your foundation.
This is a great tip for people with dry skin as it contains vitamins and minerals to calm the skin. It adds radiance to skin and can be sprayed over the top of makeup on hot days to cool you down.
My favourite foundation teamed with this spray is the Diorskin Forever. It give just enough coverage that you can easily build with keeping a dewy feel to the skin.
This summer matte lips are back. Matte reds can be used to instantly glam up a look and personally, matte red is my favourite colour to wear all year round.
This summer i would recommend going for a red with a slightly orange hue. My favourite has to be Lady Danger by MAC.
This shade is great for all skin tones as it adapts to the colour of your lips. If you prefer to wear a natural shade then do not worry. These colours are equally on trend just make sure they are Matte. I recommend using Please Me by MAC .
Matte lips are a nightmare if you have dry lips like mine. Before applying a matte lipstick I use a small amount of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream.
This adds a slight gloss to the lip but is hardly seen. It aims to repair skin within 8 hours leaving it hydrated and glowing. You can apply this all over the face.
Blue eye makeup was a key focal point at many of the shows. A classic smokey eye with a pop of blue eyeliner can give a feminine youthful look. I would avoid very bright shades and opt for a more subtle hint of blue.
A great selection of blue / green colours are the body shop shimmer cube palettes.
These are great as they have a selection of highlight and contour shades that can be used all over the eye.
Here is a look I created using some of the products mentioned above.
To achieve this look:
1. I always start with my eyes as this stops me from getting fall out from the eye shadow all over my foundation. First spray with MAC Fix+ spray. I wanted statement eyes so using the body shop shimmer palette I applied the lightest shade all over the lids.
2. I then sculpted out my eyes using a darker blue to add definition and shape. Focus mainly on the parts of the eye that have more depth e.g. crease.
3. Using the darkest colour in the palette I created a subtle eyeliner as I didnt want to take away from the eye shadow.
4. I then applied some mascara and some false lashes. Mine are MAC #44 but you can use any you have.
5. I then filled in my brows using Benefit Browzings in Medium and coated them in The Body Shop clear brow gel to get that messy brow effect.
6. Using Dior Forever foundation apply all over the face.
7. I contoured using Bobbi Brown bronzer in Golden Light and then added blusher from Illamasqua in the shade Sophie.
8. I wanted the natural matte feel to my lips so I mixed my Elizabeth 8 hour cream with my Illamasqua matte lipstick in the shade Brink.
Hope you enjoy this look. Id love to see some looks you have created with these tips in mind.